This impressive building was designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, who also designed the Konzerthaus (concert hall) and the Neue Wache (New Guardhouse).

It was build between 1823 and 1828, and is now considered the height of neo-classicism. It was badly damaged during the second world war, but it re-opened its doors in 1966.

It’s located on the Museumsingel in Berlin.

Museums