Last updated: 18 April 2017
In our Terms & Conditions we have defined how you can use our sites and how you can participate in our community. Please read and check our Terms & Conditions regularly as they can change over time.
1.1. AmazingPlaces.com is owned and operated by Droomplekken.nl, registered under 30267253 at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
1.2. The e-mail address to contact us at AmazingPlaces.com is firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Using AmazingPlaces.com
2.1. By using AmazingPlaces.com you agree to be bound by these terms.
2.2. You may use the site for personal, non-commercial purpose only. No commercial use is permitted.
2.3. Our community guidelines apply to your use of the site:
- Do not add any posts defaming others, containing porn, other people’s private information;
- Do not use strong language, be offensive, be humiliating or intimidating; profanities and creative alternatives will be deleted;
- Treat each other with respect regardless some ones race, culture, religion, gender, physical characteristics or points of view;
- We prohibit ticket scalping or engagement in illegal activities.
2.4. We reserve the right to remove content that
- are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- advertise products or services for profit or gain
- are seen to impersonate someone else
- include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- contain links to other websites which break our editorial guidelines
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times
- are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
2.5. We reserve the right to ban you from the site, temporary or indefinitely.
3.1. All content on the site is owned by Droomplekken.nl (NL). You may not copy, store, scrape or use any part of our site without permission.
3.2. We invest a lot of effort, time, money and individual creativity in our content and platform and that hard work’s protected by copyright. You need permission before you can reproduce our content. If we give permission, we require that AmazingPlaces.com is acknowledged as the owner of the content.
4.1. If you engage with a third party application (e.g. facebook comments) on our site, you start an independent legal relationship with the application provider. An application provider may impose terms on your use of their application.
4.2. You agree that all of your contribution to the site is your own work. You license us the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide rights to reproduce, communicate, edit, store, adapt or otherwise use any content you upload to the site, including any feedback that you submit through the site, via third party applications available through the site, on the site and in our other products (your content). This includes the right to sublicense to others at our discretion.
4.3. You also consent to your content being altered, edited or adapted for such uses, or to ensure your content does not infringe these terms or breach the law, as we see fit. Although we generally attribute you as the author, it’s not always possible. So you consent to us not attributing authorship to you, or only attributing your registered ‘handle’. We will ask you before publishing your real name.
4.4. You must ensure that your content does not contain anything that breaches any laws or rights, including by:
- defaming any person
- breaching any intellectual property rights
- containing commercial advertising
- containing excessively coarse language or content
- If you would like to include someone else’s copyright material, trademark or other intellectual property in your content you must first obtain and keep their written permission.
5. Removal of content and termination of accounts
5.1. We may remove your content from the site in our discretion.
5.2. We may terminate or suspend your registration (and any future accounts) if you have breached these terms multiple times or if the breach is serious.
6. Reporting abuse, defamation, copyright infringement
6.1. If you believe any content on our site infringes these terms, please send us an e-mail: email@example.com
6.2. If you want to report defamation, we need to receive the following information:
- Your name and email address;
- The location of the comments on our website that you are referring to, including what the comments are and why you believe they are defamatory;
- The meaning that you attribute to the comments and what aspects you believe are incorrect or just opinions;
- Confirmation that you do not have sufficient contact details of the users who have posted the comments (the Poster/s) to pursue this matter directly with those Poster/s;
- Confirmation that you consent to Droomplekken.nl providing your name and/or email to the Posters.
Upon receipt of a valid defamation notification, we will contact the Poster/s in relation to their comments.
6.3. If you believe that any content on our site infringes your copyright, please notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notification must include the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works you believe have been infringed and the holder of the copyright if you are acting on their behalf;
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing including its location on the site;
- Your contact information including name and address, e-mail and telephone number;
- A statement that:
– you believe in good faith that the use of the material was not authorised by the owner of the work, its agent, or the law;
– the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorised to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
– you acknowledge that the notice will be sent to the user who uploaded the material at issue.
Upon receipt of a valid notification, we will as soon as possible remove the infringing material and provide a copy of the notice to the user who uploaded the material.
8. Liability and Disclaimer
8.1. You must:
- own all of the work you upload to the sites or have the permission from the owner of the content to upload it;
- be able to grant us the rights under these Terms and Conditions (so, for example, you cannot grant us exclusive rights if you have already granted someone else exclusive rights);
- obtain the consent of the owner of any work incorporated into the content you upload on the sites;
because serious legal consequences can happen to you, AmazingPlaces.com, and other parties if you do not (like legal action for infringement).
8.2. You indemnify AmazingPlaces.com against all losses, costs and expenses directly incurred by AmazingPlaces.com, in connection with a demand, allegation, action, proceeding or claim that you do not own all of your work, you are not able to grant AmazingPlaces.com rights or you do not have the consent of an owner to incorporate their work into yours. AmazingPlaces.com must take reasonable steps to mitigate its loss.
8.3. AmazingPlaces.com is not responsible to you or any one else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with the use of the site or any content or services available via our site .
8.4. AmazingPlaces.com is provided ‘as is’.
8.5. We make no warranties or guarantees that the site is 100% accurate or continuous at all times. The information on the site is general and may not be suitable for your particular needs.
8.6. You should verify critical information (like advice about visas or health and safety) independently before you travel.
8.7. We make no warranties or representations about the site or its content and exclude, to maxium extend permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of its use.
8.8. We are not responsible for loss that was not reasonably foreseeable. Also we will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential loss, or loss of profits or revenue arising out of the use of the site.
8.9. You indemnify AmazingPlaces.com against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense, or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms.
8.10. Nothing in this Agreement excludes liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the previous sentence, our liability to you under this Agreement is limited to resupply of the content or services accessed via the sites.
8.11. Any legal issues will be dealt with under the Dutch law as AmazingPlaces.com is part of Droomplekken.nl, registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, Utrecht, The Netherlands.